Both Charlene and I regularly participate in a variety of chats and we’re also hosts of our very own chats. We thought we’d share with you what our chats are all about, the importance of choosing the right chats and our top 5 blogger chats (in our own opinions)
Charlene: I believe my chat is different from John’s as his focuses on mainly volunteering, sharing stories and appeals to charities and volunteers etc. In saying this, JohnRdtoVolChat also opens doors for people who have considered volunteering and helping out and don’t know the first thing about it. Beechat doesn’t have a specific ‘target audience’ to be candid. The topics vary so much that
John: Beechat to me is very different to #JohnRdtoVolChat as like Charlene has said, it’s the topics which make us far apart. #JohnRdtoVolChat has it’s own niche and is very specific to its target audience, but this signals the differentiation between chats and why it’s important to understand what works and what doesn’t. Beechat is more open in terms of topics used, and it highlights many chats are more about friendships and life, whereas #JohnRdtoVolChat is much more of a professional cha where we discuss how we’re going to make a difference in society in a collaborative way. I say this, but beechat is one of my favourite chats to participate in, and I don’t put it down to the participants, I put it down to Charlene. Charlene to me is one of the best hosts out there and in time her warm personality will be known by the whole community.
Charlene: I think Twitter chats are an excellent way to meet people, to promote your posts and to connect with other bloggers – and other people in general. There are numerous chats on Twitter now; some of which have the same theme every week (such as fitness, animals, beauty, etc) and you have some, like beechat, that cover a range of topics alternating and changing every single week.
John: I agree with Charlene;
These are our thoughts about Twitter chats and I hope you’ve enjoyed our collaboration today and I want to thank Charlene personally for putting up with me so much and for writing this blog with me.
I hope you have enjoyed this ‘collab’ with @JohnRdToVol – let me hear your thoughts below! Until next time
I would like to thank Siobhan for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I am really looking forward to doing this post (so thank you very much, Siobhan, for the opportunity). For those of you that don’t know: The Liebster Award is essentially a way of networking for new bloggers. It is to allow them to gain some recognition and make connections within the blogging community.
Liebster Award Rules (For Nominees)
-Thank the blog that nominated you and link back to them.
-Answer the questions asked by the blogger.
– Nominate 5-11 other bloggers.
-Give them 11 questions to answer.
-Don’t forget to let your nominees know.
-Post your blog link in the comments section of your nominators post.
Questions from Siobhan:
1) Who inspires you most and why? The person who has always been my inspiration is my Gran McElhinney. She passed away last year and I was, and am still, absolutely heartbroken and devastated – but she will always be my idol. She is just everything that I aspire to be. She is impeccable. She is hilarious, holy, beautiful, elegant, wise and honest. There are not enough words to describe just how much I have always admired this perfect, precious, lady. And I always will.
2) Which of your blog posts are you most proud of? I think the blog post I was most proud of was the one I wrote about in depth about the loss of My Gran McElhinney. I am also proud of all my posts which I wrote about Depression and Anxiety; they have been very personal and sometimes my only escape. Looking back on them, I feel a sense of pride, I was able to open up and talk about my experiences and share them with the world.
3)If you won £50 million, what would you do? Firstly, I would want to open up some sort of cat sanctuary and adopt lots of neglected and abused cats and nurture and care for them. I would also want to see that all my family were alright and help them out in any way I can. And I think I would also spend a lot of money on surgically getting hair removed as it is such a nightmare getting waxed every single month! (It’s much better than shaving though!). – These are just some of the things I would do. I could write a list…
5) Pick your favourite blogger. Why are they your favourite? To be 100% candid; It’s very difficult to pick one individual person for this question. There are so many beautiful people that have been such a massive part of the blogging community, for me, and encouraged and supported me all the way. I don’t want to mention names incase I miss any of these wonderful people out – I guess I’ll just give a shout out to the blogging community here! Woop Woop!
6) Do you prefer Spring or Autumn? I would say Spring. Spring is like a breath of fresh air.
7) Do you prefer hip hop or country music? I like a good old bit of country music, me.
8) Do you prefer foundation or concealer? I would go with foundation. My skin has no blemishes or anything to cover (it’s very seldom I get a spot etc) so concealer isn’t always necessary for me.
9) Describe your blog/brand? My blog began as I was suffering from Depression and Anxiety: Writing was my only escape. I used my blog as an online journal and spilled my thoughts and feelings on to the internet for everyone to see. Now, blogging is everything to me, I enjoy it so much. The blogging community is absolutely amazing. I blog about everything and anything.
10) What is your favourite social media platform and what do you like most about it? When it comes to blogging: Twitter. Through and through. Everyone is always eager to share links and support one another’s work. There are numerous Twitter Chats to get involved in. Everyone is so helpful and selfless. Yes, I’d say Twitter.
11) What is your favourite blog post written by another blogger? I could kick myself at this question. I read a blog post once from a very empowering lady who spoke out about Vaginal Discharge (and other lady things). She was so honest and true. I can’t seem to find her blog again and it’s absolutely irritating the life out of me. I would love to share it with you guys. If anyone manages to find her – please let me know!
I can’t wait to read all of the replies and responses!
My questions are:
1) Who/What is your biggest inspiration in life?
2) Have you ever been unsure about a post you have shared but you done it anyway? Which was it and why did you finally share it?
3) Name 3 bloggers that you admire.
4) Do you prefer mascara or false eyelashes?
5) What are 3 things that make an excellent contribution to your blog views?
6) Why did you start blogging?
7) Which is your favourite blog post – written by another blogger?
8) Are you a morning person?
9) How do you keep yourself motivated?
10) How often do you blog?
11) How different would your life be if you didn’t blog?
REMEMBER to find me on all of my social media platforms, I would LOVE to hear from you guys!
Until next time
Hello! I haven’t wrote a blog post (for myself) since Friday and I just wanted to write you guys a summary of what’s been happening this week – and all that jazz. I wrote a guest post for the lovely @andreaothela which went live yesterday. I’ve still been writing away and hosting my Twitter chats; I am loving absolutely every single second of being a Blogger.
Where do I start? This is what I dislike about not posting for a few days: I have so much that I want to share with you guys and I’m afraid it’s going to all be a bit unplanned (which it is) and all over the place. But hey ho. I’m literally just out of the bath (and if you have me on Twitter – you will know that I was participating in Twitter chats whilst soaking in my bubbles – and that I planned to do my blogging whilst I air dried). So here I am. Is it just me, or do you always feel the need to have a shower after your bath? Especially if I am washing my hair. I can’t wash my hair in the bath; I can never seem to get all of the bubbles out. Fun fact: I used to be one of those people that washed their hair every day however, ever since I starting going to the gym constantly; I don’t feel the need to wash it as often. What’s the point, it’s just the gym, right? It’ll get sweaty anyway. That’s what I keep telling myself.
Today I had a doctor’s appointment. It drained the life out of me (not the actual appointment – the dreaded waiting room). Waiting rooms make me anxious enough never mind waiting near enough one full hour before being seen. I was talking myself in and out of what to say and getting myself all worked up. My mind was in overdrive (the usual really, I suppose, except the environment I was in made it a whole lot worse). I have a few appointments this week. It stresses me out when I have a lot on throughout the week. I write myself a ‘To Do List’ and I make sure that I use a highlighter to score things off my list as I go – this is also a great motivator for me!
After the doctor’s, I went with my mum and dad to visit my wonderful Gran Rundell. My mother, Gran and I played a game of Scrabble and… I WON! This is such a massive achievement (if you knew my lovely family, you would totally understand). My Gran was so pleased to see me as I had not seen her in a couple of weeks. She is so damn cute!
Tomorrow, my big brother turns 21 years old. I can’t believe it. He is having a 21st party this Friday so I will be sure to write a full post on that! And share with you whatever I decide to wear (I still haven’t a clue)!
I got a lovely new phone case today. It is a marble effect and it is super lush! It even feels amazing too. It’s been a while since I had a new phone case so I can’t stop looking at it.
I was also at the gym today. I wasn’t there long so I just crammed in a really intense session – it was pretty good – if I do say so myself!
“Ever wondered what bathing in deep space would be like?”
I am totally new to LUSH products. Since I started blogging I have seen numerous posts about how wonderful lush cosmetics are and of course this enticed me to try some of their products out. I recently tried the experimenter bath bomb (which I also wrote a blog post about) and I was thoroughly impressed. I didn’t possibly think they could beat that: But they did.
The Intergalactic bath bomb is absolutely mesmerizing. As soon as you drop it in to the bath tub it fizzes immediately. The blue bursts from the bomb and fills the whole tub with deep blue water. As it begins to calm down; swirling rainbow colours begin to appear and it is so exciting to watch! After the bath bomb comes to end – the whole bath is a stunning deep blue colour – it is shimmery and sparkly (as there is glitter in the bath bomb). The scent is tremendous: It is peppermint but not too strong – just right. As I bathed in the glittery, blue, bath I felt so relaxed and at ease. It left my skin super smooth with a slight shimmer (from the gold glitter).
I could not recommend the Intergalactic bath bomb enough: I am already eager to get another one. It costs £3.95 from LUSH cosmetics (I got mine online). You must try it! (If you are a bath bomb lover). I am 100% sure you will not be disappointed.
Have you tried this bath bomb before? Were you thinking of trying it? Let me hear your thoughts, lovelies.
Have a great weekend.
Until next time