I would like to thank Siobhan for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I am really looking forward to doing this post (so thank you very much, Siobhan, for the opportunity). For those of you that don’t know: The Liebster Award is essentially a way of networking for new bloggers. It is to allow them to gain some recognition and make connections within the blogging community.
Liebster Award Rules (For Nominees)
-Thank the blog that nominated you and link back to them.
-Answer the questions asked by the blogger.
– Nominate 5-11 other bloggers.
-Give them 11 questions to answer.
-Don’t forget to let your nominees know.
-Post your blog link in the comments section of your nominators post.
Questions from Siobhan:
1) Who inspires you most and why? The person who has always been my inspiration is my Gran McElhinney. She passed away last year and I was, and am still, absolutely heartbroken and devastated – but she will always be my idol. She is just everything that I aspire to be. She is impeccable. She is hilarious, holy, beautiful, elegant, wise and honest. There are not enough words to describe just how much I have always admired this perfect, precious, lady. And I always will.
2) Which of your blog posts are you most proud of? I think the blog post I was most proud of was the one I wrote about in depth about the loss of My Gran McElhinney. I am also proud of all my posts which I wrote about Depression and Anxiety; they have been very personal and sometimes my only escape. Looking back on them, I feel a sense of pride, I was able to open up and talk about my experiences and share them with the world.
3)If you won £50 million, what would you do? Firstly, I would want to open up some sort of cat sanctuary and adopt lots of neglected and abused cats and nurture and care for them. I would also want to see that all my family were alright and help them out in any way I can. And I think I would also spend a lot of money on surgically getting hair removed as it is such a nightmare getting waxed every single month! (It’s much better than shaving though!). – These are just some of the things I would do. I could write a list…
5) Pick your favourite blogger. Why are they your favourite? To be 100% candid; It’s very difficult to pick one individual person for this question. There are so many beautiful people that have been such a massive part of the blogging community, for me, and encouraged and supported me all the way. I don’t want to mention names incase I miss any of these wonderful people out – I guess I’ll just give a shout out to the blogging community here! Woop Woop!
6) Do you prefer Spring or Autumn? I would say Spring. Spring is like a breath of fresh air.
7) Do you prefer hip hop or country music? I like a good old bit of country music, me.
8) Do you prefer foundation or concealer? I would go with foundation. My skin has no blemishes or anything to cover (it’s very seldom I get a spot etc) so concealer isn’t always necessary for me.
9) Describe your blog/brand? My blog began as I was suffering from Depression and Anxiety: Writing was my only escape. I used my blog as an online journal and spilled my thoughts and feelings on to the internet for everyone to see. Now, blogging is everything to me, I enjoy it so much. The blogging community is absolutely amazing. I blog about everything and anything.
10) What is your favourite social media platform and what do you like most about it? When it comes to blogging: Twitter. Through and through. Everyone is always eager to share links and support one another’s work. There are numerous Twitter Chats to get involved in. Everyone is so helpful and selfless. Yes, I’d say Twitter.
11) What is your favourite blog post written by another blogger? I could kick myself at this question. I read a blog post once from a very empowering lady who spoke out about Vaginal Discharge (and other lady things). She was so honest and true. I can’t seem to find her blog again and it’s absolutely irritating the life out of me. I would love to share it with you guys. If anyone manages to find her – please let me know!
I can’t wait to read all of the replies and responses!
My questions are:
1) Who/What is your biggest inspiration in life?
2) Have you ever been unsure about a post you have shared but you done it anyway? Which was it and why did you finally share it?
3) Name 3 bloggers that you admire.
4) Do you prefer mascara or false eyelashes?
5) What are 3 things that make an excellent contribution to your blog views?
6) Why did you start blogging?
7) Which is your favourite blog post – written by another blogger?
8) Are you a morning person?
9) How do you keep yourself motivated?
10) How often do you blog?
11) How different would your life be if you didn’t blog?
REMEMBER to find me on all of my social media platforms, I would LOVE to hear from you guys!
Until next time