Happy 1st Birthday to my blog!
You can read my first ever post HERE if you wish. It’s safe to say that my blog has come a long way since that first post. I never imagined that blogging would become such a vital and significant part of my life – I wouldn’t change it for the world.
I don’t want to get all soppy and cheesy but I do want to acknowledge the things I have achieved over this past year through my blog:
– I’ve been able to discuss, openly and honestly, about my mental health and I’ve brought comfort to so many people and helped them in various ways.
– I’ve created my own community ‘#beechat’ and within this community I have almost 2,000 followers, a snail mail campaign that I created (with almost 100 lovely individuals involved) and I host 2 twitter chats a week and always receive nothing but positivity from it. You guys are amazing: Each and every one of you.
– I have worked with some incredible brands who have approached me themselves (which I would never have imagined).
– I have befriended so many wonderful individuals who I speak to on a regular basis and whom I care about so much.
– I attended my first blogger event not so long ago and I absolutely loved it.
– I rediscovered my love for writing and am now currently doing a professional writing skills course in the creative industries at college.
– I have found one of the best therapies there is and that is simply blogging in itself: Writing and letting the words flow from my heart – on my own little corner of the internet – I feel truly blessed.
– I am able to review books I love, products I am using, places I go, things I do and often I am sent things by notorious companies to do so which is an incredible opportunity for which I am always grateful.
– I have been able to inspire and encourage people – no words can explain how much this means to me. It truly warms my heart. Nothing makes me feel better than people telling me that they regularly read my blog and that they take something from it.
– I’ve learned to try and not let people get me down – that there will always be someone out there waiting to make you feel shit about yourself – so you might as well show them what you’re made of and prove them wrong: Nothing will annoy these people more than seeing you excel and knowing you’re happy and content.
I could go on forever about how much of a positive impact blogging has had on my life but I’m going to stop here. I just want to thank absolutely everyone who has had my back over this past year. I look forward to another year of being a blogger – and everything that comes with it.
Love you all sooooooooo much.
Find me on: