Gourmet Burger Kitchen

gbkburger

I was fortunate enough to be invited along to the launch of The Gourmet Burger Kitchen in the Glasgow Fort this week. It officially opens tomorrow (the 7th of November, 2016) however I attended a little VIP night with some blogger buddies to try out some of the food and check out the venue!

Upon arrival, I was absolutely thrilled to be greeted by these lovely messages displayed in the style of scrabble game pieces (I am a huge fan of Scrabble – this totally had me right away). We were shown to our table, given a menu and made to feel welcome. I ordered an Oreo Milkshake, a classic beef burger with American cheese and some skinny fries (apparently GBK is notorious for their milkshakes so I definitely had to try one out).

food

When the drinks arrived: We had all ordered a Milkshake. Amazingly though, we had all ordered different flavours, so we passed our drinks around and each had a try at one another’s (classy, right?) and it’s safe to say they were all delicious! The Oreo Milkshake was the best though so I definitely made the right choice. When the food arrived, I was overwhelmed at how big the burger was, I don’t eat out much at restaurants and the only burgers I tend to eat are that from McDonald’s or a burger van so I wasn’t sure how to tackle this one: A few of the others cut theirs in to two pieces and ate it this way – I just squashed mine down a bit (and I’ve got a big mouth) so I managed it just fine. Personally though I found it really filling and couldn’t finish the whole thing. The skinny fries really were skinny: They were the thinnest chips I’d ever stumbled across but delicious all the same. GBK is not only notorious for it’s Milkshakes but also for its ‘baconaise’ which isn’t really my thing as I’m not a bacon fan (don’t judge me) but everyone else seemed to love it!

The venue itself was nice – no complaints from me (However one of the girls went to the loo and the lock was broken so hopefully that’s sorted out for the official launch). The staff were friendly, attentive and informative. The food was fresh and enjoyable. Overall, it was a very pleasant evening and it was great to catch up with some wonderful bloggers!

Thank you so much GBK for a fab evening and all the best with the launch tomorrow!

Have you ever been to the Gourmet Burger Kitchen? Are you a big fan of Milkshakes? Is this somewhere you would visit? I’d love to hear from you.

Until next time

FIND ME ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

INSTAGRAM

YOUTUBE

SNAPCHAT: TheMcElhiester

EMAIL: charlenemcelhinney@icloud.com

1. abbeylouisarose
    November 6, 2016 / 6:04 pm

Yummmm your photos are truly mouthwatering Charlene! How lucky to be invited to such a fab event! I have to say that I love the scrabble pieces too, it’s a really quirky look for the restaurant! I’ve never had an Oreo milkshake but I think I need to visit my local GBK in Oxford to try one! Thank you for sharing your night out with us!

Abbey 💋 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

• November 6, 2016 / 6:42 pm

Hello Abbey!
      Thank you so much! Would love to hear your thoughts on GBK too – I’d never heard of it before until I went along this week. Thanks again for dropping by my blog darling,
      Love
      xo

2. November 6, 2016 / 10:15 pm

I’ve never actually been to GBK and didn’t know they were known for their milkshakes. Very interesting read and love the scrabble thing they did.

• November 6, 2016 / 10:37 pm

Thank you for your lovely words and thank you for taking over #beechat that evening and letting me enjoy the event! Lots and lots of love
      Xo

3. November 6, 2016 / 10:48 pm

Love this post! I’ve never been to GBK, so I’ll have to check out my local one, the food looks delicious! xx

• November 6, 2016 / 10:59 pm

Thank you so much!
      I’m so glad my wee post has made you want to check out your local GBK! I hope you have as lovely an evening as I did!
      Lots and lots of love
      Xo

4. November 7, 2016 / 10:12 am

You got us at burger! We’ve been to GBK together once and you’re right so filling but so so good! Glad you had a great experience and got to meet other bloggers! Thanks for sharing!

Jessica & James | foodandbaker.co.uk

• November 7, 2016 / 10:24 am

Hello J&J,
      Did you ever write a post about your visit to GBK? Would love to hear about what you had to eat and what you thought! 🙂
      Thank you so much for dropping by and leaving me a comment. Always appreciated darlings!
      Love
      Xo

5. November 14, 2016 / 10:41 am

Ah the photos look yummy! i’ve been once and remember it being a really nice restaurant. I’ll have to take another trip soon.

• November 14, 2016 / 11:12 am

Hello,
      Thank you so much for dropping by my blog and leaving me a comment. It was a lovely restaurant – Monday morning blues are making me want to go again during the week hehe!

Lots of love
      Xo

6. April 8, 2017 / 3:03 am

Cheers pal. I do apeapcirte the writing.