Sunday Catch Up

img_8108

In my November goals post: I stated that I aim to post at least twice a week on my blog. Let’s just say I’ve failed that already. This week has been busy and stressful and I’ve just not managed to get things done that I wanted to.

Nevertheless, let’s talk about what I have been doing: I had college on Monday and Tuesday and it was super stressful as I had to pitch one of my comedy ideas to a panel of 3 people (I was so nervous about it, but I done well, and I’m so glad it’s over); On Wednesday, I spent the day with Lozza (my best friend – who is off to Thailand for a month this week coming). Her mum organised a surprise party on Wednesday night for her going away and all of her nearest and dearest were there and it was just such a wonderful night and a great way to say goodbye and good luck to her; On Thursday I met up with my lovely friend Gina for some lunch as she’s going through a bit of a tough time at the moment and afterwards I had a quiet evening in with my boyfriend; On Friday I had my auntie Fiona’s 50th birthday party (hence the picture of me at the beginning of the post). It was a great night and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Here’s a wee snapshot of my dad, mum, brother and I.

img_8109

I also landed myself a wee job in River Island for over the Christmas period. I’ve never worked in retail so I’m pretty nervous but I’m also really looking forward to it. I have my training this week and then that will be me!

I can’t believe how far I’ve come this year. I’ve got myself a wee part time job, I’m at college full time and I’m going out and about here, there and everywhere. My Depression and my Anxiety is still there – I still have my bad days – but I refuse to let it win. To those that degraded me and brought me down last year and made me feel worthless: Look at me now! I am immensely proud of myself.

Anyway, I just wanted to check in and let you all know what I’ve been up to, a sort of diary entry post. I hope you’ve all had a good week. Feel free to drop me a comment and let me know what your week has consisted of!

Lots of love

FIND ME ON:

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

INSTAGRAM

YOUTUBE

EMAIL: charlenemcelhinney@icloud.com

SNAPCHAT: TheMcElhiester

1. November 13, 2016 / 5:00 pm

Hey Charlene You seem to have been really busy this week. As for me I’ve had a fairly quiet one apart from going to Rainbow Spoon on Thursday it was fairly uneventful till yesterday, though I did stay up all night to watch the American presidential election and to say I was gutted would be putting it mildly.
    Yesterday however was the day when everything changed was the perfect cure for my post football depression after our gubbing at Wemebly.

In the morning I went through to Edinburgh for an all day women’s poetry symposium which was a great way to spend a day. Then at night I hotfooted it back to Glasgow to perform at a feminist poetry reading. This was both enjoyable and uplifting and I’ve made a few new contacts on attending the event. The poems I performed, A Woman’s Voice, A Story To Tell, and 16 Cinderella’s were very received and I got lots of positive feedback.

I completed my week by going to church for the Remembrance Day commemoration service and writing my latest poem Bloodstained which is a tribute to all those who have served in wars and attack on those who cause them.

Lots Of Love Always
    Gayle X

• November 14, 2016 / 9:33 am

Hello Gayle,
      Sounds like you have had a productive week too and got lots of things done. Will you be writing any blog posts about what you’ve been up to? I love hearing all about it!

I really need to get myself to a poetry event – it sounds like my kind of thing! Plus I’d love to hear you perform your poetry!

Thanks for dropping by and leaving me a comment poppet.
      Lots of love
      Xo

2. Kayleigh Zara
    November 13, 2016 / 5:39 pm

Sounds like you’ve had a really busy week girly! You look stunning by the way! Congrats on getting a new job, you should be super proud of yourself, one of my best friends works at river island and she absolutely loves it so hopefully you’ll enjoy it to, I’ve never worked in retail either haha X

• November 14, 2016 / 9:36 am

Hi hunni,

Thank you so much!!

I really hope so. It’ll be a totally new experience for me but I’m looking forward to it (despite the nerves).

I really appreciate you dropping by and leaving me a comment.
      Lots of love
      Xo

3. abbeylouisarose
    November 13, 2016 / 7:35 pm

You’ve had such a busy week, Charlene! Wow! You looked absolutely stunning at your auntie’s party, and that dress suits you so well! Loved watching your snap story from the night too! Hope that next week brings you just as much fun!

Abbey 😘 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

• November 14, 2016 / 9:39 am

Hi sweetie,

Aww, thank you so much! I never even got to watch my snaps back when I was sober because I slept the whole day. I was gutted ha ha! So glad you enjoyed watching them and I wasn’t too much of a virus!

As always, thanks for dropping me a comment, so much love.

Charlene McElhinney Xx

• November 14, 2016 / 9:40 am

Hello,

Oh really? Did she like it? It’s going to be a totally new experience for me. Eeeeek!

Thank you for dropping by lovely.

Lots of love
      Xo

4. November 13, 2016 / 8:19 pm

Congratulations on landing yourself a job! It’ll be great to have some money coming in over the holidays. I absolutely love the dress you wore to your Auntie’s party! I’ve got a night out coming up in a few weeks so I’m going to be on the hunt for a dress then!

Hazel – http://www.fleurcharms.co.uk

• November 14, 2016 / 9:43 am

Hello lovely,
      Thank you so much. It definitely will be a great help over the festive period.
      You can’t beat a LBD eh? (even better when you get 15% off because of the student discount). If you need any help finding a dress – give me a shout – I love bargain hunting & helping people pick clothes!

Thanks again for dropping by my blog and leaving me such lovely words.

Love
      Xo

5. Lisa
    November 13, 2016 / 8:21 pm

What a lovely update!! I did love seeing the snaps of you at the party on Friday and I’m so glad you managed to find a dress in time. My week consisted of interviews and finally got myself another job so I’m very pleased – congrats on the River Island job!

Lisa | http://www.fairlyrosy.com
    x

• November 14, 2016 / 9:46 am

Hi chicken,
      Thank you so much!
      Congrats on your job too poppet! Where will you be working?
      So glad you enjoyed my snaps and I wasn’t too much of a nuisance!

Thanks again for dropping by sweetie,
      Love
      Charlene McElhinney xo

6. November 13, 2016 / 8:21 pm

You always have the best dresses and shoes! I absolutely loved this!

• November 14, 2016 / 9:46 am

Thanks darling,
      God bless you!

If you ever need assistance when you’re shopping – give me a shout.

Love
      Charlene McElhinney x

7. November 13, 2016 / 8:24 pm

this is such a cute post!! congratulations on your new job too xx

• November 14, 2016 / 9:47 am

Aww thank you so much! I really appreciate it!
      Lots of love
      Charlene McElhinney Xo

• November 14, 2016 / 9:48 am

Hello,
      Thank you so much! That’s so sweet of you!
      The dress was from Quiz and I was so chuffed because I got a 15% student discount – yay!
      Thanks again lovely,

Xo

• November 14, 2016 / 9:49 am

Thank you so much for your lovely words and for dropping by my blog!

Lots of love
      Xo

8. November 13, 2016 / 8:57 pm

Wow what a busy week! Sounds like a lot of work! Congrats on the job I’m sure you’ll be great 🙂 and I’m proud of where you have gotten to too. It’s amazing the progression people can make is just a short year.

-Ellie

• November 14, 2016 / 9:51 am

Hi hunni,
      Thank you so much – you are so sweet! You’ve no idea how much that means to me. It really is amazing the difference a year can make.

Thanks again sweetheart,
      Love
      Xo

9. littlemissmelanie
    November 13, 2016 / 10:22 pm

Sounds like you’ve had a busy week! Well done on getting the job at RI, the discounts used to be 30% off when I worked there. Pretty sure all my wages went back into the company!

• November 14, 2016 / 9:55 am

Hello,
      Oh you used to work in River Island, did you love it? I think it’s a 40% discount now. They have upped their game hehe. My wages will definitely be going back in to the company too hehe!

Thanks for dropping by & leaving me a comment.

Lots of love
      Charlene McElhinney Xo

10. November 13, 2016 / 11:36 pm

Sounds like you are living life to its fullest or at least that is what your schedule is saying. Relax when you can and don’t forget to breathe. You got this.

• November 14, 2016 / 10:01 am

Thank you so much for your kind words!
      It’s important to take time out for yourself – which I haven’t being doing lately – I think a bubble bath with candles and lotions and potions is on the cards tonight!

Thank you for dropping by my blog.

Take Care

Charlene McElhinney 🙂

11. LuxeStyle
    November 15, 2016 / 5:41 pm

Congratulations on the new job. I used to shop in River Island lots so I can imagine I would spend way too much money if I worked there! x

• November 18, 2016 / 9:39 pm

Thank you so much chick!
      Yep, I will be the same, I will be putting my wages straight back in to the company lol!

Thanks for dropping by my blog!

Love
      Xoxo

• November 18, 2016 / 9:41 pm

Hi chick,

Thank you so much – that really means a lot to me! God bless you!

Love