My story isn’t over yet;

IMG_0696[1]“A semi colon is used when a writer could have chosen to end their sentence  but chose not to. The writer is you and the sentence is your life.” #projectsemicolon

Hello lovelies,

Today I finally got around to getting a tattoo on my body that I’ve wanted for quite some time now – but like everything, I’ve been putting it off.

You may or may not have heard of ‘Project Semicolon. ‘It is an American mental health non profit organisation that primarly functions as an anti-suicide initiative. It was founded in 2013 and aims to present hope and love to those who are struggling with depression, suicide, addiction, self-harm or any kind of mental illness that they are going through. They have been known for encouraging people to tattoo the punctuation mark semicolon (;) onto their bodies as a form of solidarity between people dealing with mental illness…’

Thus, the explanation for my new addition on my body. Not only did I get the semi colon tattooed on my skin but I also got the quote ‘My story isn’t over yet’ and I’m genuinely over the moon with how it looks. It couldn’t be any more perfect (thank you so much, Shaun, at Fleur De Lis). Everything that it represents, everything that I’ve been through, everything that goes through my head on a daily basis… this brings me a great source of comfort and I’m honoured to have such a meaningful tattoo on my body!

I find it admirable that so many people are being  immensely courageous and getting the semi colon tattoo on their skin! It’s raising awareness for mental illness and providing a huge source of comfort to others at the same time! It’s just marvellous!

There are not enough words to express how much this tattoo, these words and how much this symbol all me to me.

My story isn’t over yet.

And neither is yours.

All my love.

Find me on:

Twitter

Instagram

Youtube

Facebook

Snapchat: TheMcElhiester

Email: charlenemcelhinney@icloud.com

BUY MY BOOK.

1. June 7, 2017 / 8:56 pm

I love this tattoo! It is perfect for you and it is so true as well. I love that you included a semi-colon as well as it is so fitting and also meaningful! I couldn’t think of a more positive message!

LOVE IT!

Steph xx

2. June 7, 2017 / 9:49 pm

Aw this is so lovely! Semi-colons and ampersands have always been my favourite punctuation marks, but I had no idea that semi-colons are linked to mental health. That makes it even better! So glad you’re happy with your tattoo.

Lisa | farawaylisamae.com

3. June 7, 2017 / 11:22 pm

I’m so glad that you’re so in love with your new tat, Charlene! I think it has such a positive message, something that is really important to remember! Your artist did a fantastic job, it looks gorgeous!

Abbey ❤️ http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

4. June 8, 2017 / 9:01 am

I love this so much!!! It looks great on you and I think the semi-colom symbol is so powerful and poignant. xx

5. June 9, 2017 / 10:35 am

Oh it’s beautiful, well done for being brave and getting it done, and well done to the person who did the work on your tattoo it’s great. I struggle with depression too, I understand how hard it can be. This is a lovely idea. x

6. June 9, 2017 / 12:48 pm

I have heard about this movement and I think it’s great, also your tattoo looks lovely, so glad you’re happy with it xx

7. Charlotte
    June 9, 2017 / 4:26 pm

I love this!
    I’ve heard so much about the tattoo and love the meaning behind it.
    So glad you’ve got what you’ve wanted for so long, it looks lovely on you too!
    Charlotte🖤
    theporcelaindollblog.blogspot.co.uk

8. June 12, 2017 / 2:08 pm

This really moved me, Charlene. the semi-colon means a lot and you do too. Great story behind it and remember that you are so, so strong. Shine on you diamond!

9. August 10, 2017 / 10:30 pm

Great tattoo Charlene. Always good to see people raising awareness of mental health issues. I first heard about Project Semicolon a few months ago and I’ve been meaning to get it on my wrist. I got my first tattoo a month ago (The Manchester bee) on my shin, so it might be time to get something a little more visible.