My little corner of the internet turns 2 today; 2 years ago today I wrote my very first blog post ‘Loch Lubnaig & Hoggansfield Loch’. I had no idea back then how much blogging would take over my life and change me in ways I never thought possible. I’m eternally grateful to my readers and followers for supporting me and encouraging me to keep going over the past 2 years – you guys are my rock. Ok I’ll quit it with the cheddar cheese.
Let’s chat about some of my achievements over the past 2 years that would never have been possible without my blog (and I wholeheartedly believe that):
- I published a book(!!!)
- I got in to college and completed a Professional Writing Skills course in the creative industries.
- I got in to the University of Strathclyde to do English Studies, Creative Writing, Journalism & Law.
- I’ve worked and collaborated with some amazing brands.
- I’ve gained confidence.
- I’ve gained experience.
- I’ve met some extremely wonderful friends through blogging.
- I’ve been to some fantastic events.
- I’ve been able to overcome some really bad mental health days through opening up on my blog.
- I’ve been able to help lots of people through writing on my blog. Over the years I’ve received a plethora of messages from all kinds of people thanking me, encouraging me and praising me (I can’t explain how much all of this means to me).
- I’ve had paid opportunities.
- I’ve grown as a writer – and as a person.
Goodness, I could go on all day about the benefits blogging has blessed me with but I just want to take a moment to thank you all from the bottom of my heart because when I first started blogging, I thought it was just going to be an online diary I kept that nobody would read, and boy was I wrong?! Everyone in life has something that they hold dear to their heart and for me, that’s my blog. My blog is my baby. My corner of the internet. My therapist. My friend. My thing in life that I put on a pedestal. It’s just everything to me and more and I genuinely could not imagine my life without my blog now that it’s such a pivotal part of who I am. God bless you all. From the bottom of my heart. Thank you.
FIND ME ON: