Ok, so 2018 didn’t go to plan, it’s all good.
2017 was a very busy and successful year for me, I guess this put a lot of pressure on me going forward in 2018, I had a lot to live up to. I set myself some pretty ambitious goals that I wanted to achieve but to no avail. Like I say though, it’s no big deal, I can always try again in 2019.
I suppose I should give myself some credit for the things I did manage to achieve this year so let’s touch on that first and then have a bit of a reflection:
- I passed my car theory test (first time)!
- I was shortlisted in the UK Blog Awards in the Lifestyle and Mental Health category.
- I bagged a few sponsored posts throughout the year and gained some new press contacts, attending some great events, and meeting some lovely like-minded people.
- I went on 5 holidays, which surpassed the number of trips I had planned in my mind, I visited Lanzarote, Mallorca, Kos, Calella and Forest Holidays in Scotland.
- I started sharing snippets of me singing again on social media.
- I put away another decent amount to my savings.
- I cut off some toxic relationships in my life.
- I said no to things and I put my mental health first. On many occasions, anyway.
I’m pretty pleased with my progress this year. I found 2018 to be more of a ‘finding myself’ year. In terms of figuring out what I want to do, where I want to go in life and what lies ahead for me. I think I’ve sussed out some stuff to strive for in 2019 for sure anyway!
This year has been fun, I’ve seen a bit of the world, experienced new places and I’ve had a hell of a lot of Vitamin D. I’ve watched my niece grow that little bit older and I am smitten, let me tell you, she’s the sweetest damn thing this world ever did see. And I ain’t just being bias! I’ve spent more time with family, less time with friends who did not appreciate me, and I’ve done more donating to charity in 2018 than I ever have before. I’ve stuck in at university and passed semester one of second year; moving swiftly onwards to semester two in January 2019. I’ve met a few more nice people this year at university and made more of an effort to talk to folk in my seminars and lectures. It makes the university experience more enjoyable. I celebrated 4 years together with my boyfriend this month, I became a much less fussier easier this year and I grew my following on social media that bit more. Good things have happened. Stepping stones.
I don’t know about you but I am ready to leave 2018 behind and start a fresh. I’m ready for a new year. I’ve set myself some great goals this year and I dare say I am ready to dive right in.
What’s been your highlights of 2018? Any big goals for 2019? Leave me comments below, I love hearing from you all, hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and Happy New Year(!) when it comes.